Thanks for the Memories

When I started this blog on May 1st, 2011, I committed to posting a photo a day for one year.  Somehow it turned into something more and I've really enjoyed the time I've spent taking photos and writing about things that strike my fancy.  The key word in that sentence is time.  Posting daily can be incredibly time consuming and when I have other commitments it's frustrating not to be able to share more.  Though it's been a pleasure, there are days when it's taken hours to complete a post; taking and selecting a photo, cropping or trying to fix my favourite that's not quite right, then giving up and picking a different one.  Then there's the time spent writing the accompanying text, re-reading and re-writing, and re-writing and still missing typos that aren't noticed until the next day or later. 

Since tomorrow is my "bloggiversary", today will be my last official daily posts.  Recently, my mind and energy have been elsewhere and I haven't had the time needed to do my best job.  I do want to continue to blog based on my photos, but I won't be posting every day.  I'm not setting myself any rules on what days or how often, but I will probably not post much on the weekends.  I look forward to seeing what lies ahead and I'm extremely grateful for what this past year of blogging has brought me.

Today on Gratitude Monday, I'm grateful for:

144.  all the people who come here to have a peek, whether by accident or by design.

145.  Blurb has a "blog to book" option and I can very easily slurp Pocketful of Memory Cards into a Blurb book.  It will be a wonderful way to remember this past year when this blog is long gone.

146. the people who comment on my blog.  If you haven't done it before, please feel free to do so.  I'd love it if you'd tell me a little about yourself and how you discovered my page.

147.  I'm grateful I've been able to spend time doing something as simple as taking photographs and enjoying the beautiful surroundings here in Kelowna.





148.  I'm grateful to have had a chance to stop and take some photographs of my favourite Kelowna barn; another thing of beauty on Benvoulin Road.  I've been meaning to stop by all year and finally took the time today.




As for non-blog oriented things - I'm thankful for:

149.  the bit of rain we've had last week and today...thanks for skipping the weekend!

150. Jill at Prospera Credit Union who spent some time with me today looking at ways to make banking easier for us and our business.  Thank you Jill, I always enjoying coming in to see you! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bless Us Every One

My Favourite Childhood Christmas Book

Pearls of Wisdom