Looks Can Be Deceiving

I've noticed celeriac or celery root in the grocery store many times but never had the urge to purchase it.  You have to admit it's not a very pretty vegetable.   When it turned up last week in my Urban Harvest basket I immediately went to DuckDuckGo and discovered quite a collection of celeriac soup recipes. I also discovered it's rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.  Check out this link for more info.

I ended up using this soup recipe, mainly because my crisper is getting bare, and it didn't call for much more than celeriac, onions and garlic.  You'd think I would have had a potato, but I'm out so I opened a can of salsify, since I thought it might supply the required starch for thickening.   I didn't have the pesto they suggested for garnish, but it still turned out to be a really delicious soup, with a fresh celery flavour.  I'll definitely be making it again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bless Us Every One

My Favourite Childhood Christmas Book

Pearls of Wisdom