'Tis the Season



BEFORE


AFTER


I'm not the greatest baker, but I do enjoy making pie.   My mom was hands down the best pastry maker around, and I'm confident anyone who ever had a piece of pie she made would agree.   It's not something you can teach really and for me it's hit and miss, but I always try.  Here's the first strawberry rhubarb pie of the season.  Probably the only strawberry rhubarb pie of the season.  I did also make a strawberry pie with a regular crust and stuck it in the freezer uncooked for another time.   For all you strawberry lovers in Kelowna, there were quite a few strawberries left on the bushes at Benvoulin Strawberries when we picked last night.  She figures ten more days, so get out there and load up while you still can!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bless Us Every One

My Favourite Childhood Christmas Book

Pearls of Wisdom