...and the Grillin' is Easy!


As more and more disgusting things come out about factory farming our family is consuming less and less meat.  This certainly does not mean we're using our barbeque any less.  This afternoon while preparing the business's quarterly HST and Corporate Tax payments,  I oiled up some veggies (don't worry, the skins are coming off so all that oil won't be consumed) and put them on the grill so I could prepare some Escalivada for tonight's dinner.  Had to use my timer due to the varying cooking times, but I've figured out the secret to adding them bit by bit so they finish around the same time.  This traditional Catalan salad combines the  grilled vegetables you see above, with a simple vinaigrette of olive oil, wine vinegar, finely minced garlic and oregano, garnished with a rough chop of flat leaf parsley.  I couldn't find an online version of the recipe i use, but did find a link to the cookbook if you wanted to have a look for it or borrow it from the library.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bless Us Every One

My Favourite Childhood Christmas Book

Pearls of Wisdom