Cherry Ripe!



Picked these up at Sun City Cherries this afternoon.  The first local cherries of the season for me.  I have to say I'm a bit disappointed.  This variety called Crystalline, has great texture and juiciness, but is not so sweet. Ranier are also ready right now but I'm looking forward to the Vans which should be ready soon!

Sun City also has a great selection of jams, and pickled veggies, ice-cream and a patio overlooking the lake.  You can also look over at Lakeside Cherries, and wonder if theirs are any better.  If you want to try Lakeside, they are mostly u-pick and are open from two to six.  They do keep some on hand for sale, but they disappear fairly quickly so you need to be there earlier in the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bless Us Every One

My Favourite Childhood Christmas Book

Pearls of Wisdom