Timing Is Everything


Our raspberry bushes are a bit ratty and neglected - I had to remove quite a few long weeds to take this photo.  They get back at me by being very uncooperative and sneaky.  On Friday there were a few ripe berries.  Mike brought in a handful at breakfast rounded out by a few strawberries from the everberring bushes we planted this spring.  Now today, Monday,  I went to have a peek and there are dozens and dozens of ripe red berries, along with quite a few that have passed the point of ripeness into brown shrivelled blobs.  Tomorrow will likely be too late so I'm hoping the rain holds off while we pick them this evening and look forward to raspberries on my cereal tomorrow morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bless Us Every One

My Favourite Childhood Christmas Book

Pearls of Wisdom