Dear Photograph

Lori-Anne of The Pear Tree recently introduced me to a  neat site called "Dear Photograph".  People use their old photographs and take a shot of them within the original setting circa now.  After surfing the site,  I thought it would be fun to try to take one or two when we went to Venezuela as we'd be visiting some locations my husband would have photos from, from the 60s and 70s.  Unfortunately I couldn't find his photo albums before we went away.  This morning however, I did come across a small black and white photo taken on a family trip to Canaima, sometime in the mid 60's I would think.

Here's my attempt to turn it into a "Dear Photograph" after the fact by holding the old photo infront of my lap top with the new photo as the wallpaper.




 Here's a better version of the recent photo.

Comments

  1. Too bad you didn't find the album before you left, but the after-the-fact Dear Photograph still has a neat meeting of old and new. It's amazing how layering them ups the sentimentality of the original by so much!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bless Us Every One

Pearls of Wisdom

My Favourite Childhood Christmas Book