Up the Creek



I took a photo of Bellevue Creek for my May 13 post and now, almost 5 months later it's quite a different picture. In May, melting snow caps and heavy rainfall rushed through here stirring up the dirt, sending foamy water flying along the creek bed.  Today, after almost sixty days of straight sunshine followed by two and a half days of drizzle, shallow water trickles through the rocks and I'm tempted to walk down the bank and look for signs of the fish that supposedly spawn here this time of year.  I'm sure we're in for more rain and the water will start to build up again, continuing the cycle that has gone on for thousands of years, and I pray will continue for thousands more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bless Us Every One

My Favourite Childhood Christmas Book

Pearls of Wisdom