Last Monday on Thanksgiving afternoon, a visit to The Pear Tree led me to a blog called Feel LOVD Every Day. It's author Lily is a jewellery designer and blogger living in Ohio. On Mondays she posts a gratitude journal - five things she's thankful for that day. Just for fun I thought I'd start doing the same thing here on Mondays, a day that I don't often feel grateful for. Here's the first five:
1. I'm grateful for my husband, for his unflagging support, encouragement and patience.
2. I'm grateful for my children who make me proud every day.
3. I'm grateful for my artist/writer friend Jeannie Peterson who is so helpful and encouraging not just while I've been working on my book, but since I first met her more than ten years ago.
4. I'm grateful for my friend and writer Susanna Kearsley who has been an invaluable help with my research.
5. I'm grateful for the beauty of a sunny autumn morning and the opportunity to capture it on film and share it with you all.