Uclulet Redux

In the past six years of my life, I've had the good fortune to travelled to more places around the world than I did in the first forty-two. I'm sure you can relate to that feeling of anticipation when you're on your way to a place you've never been. You don't know who you'll meet or what adventures await.

When you return, as a test of how much you enjoyed your trip, people will often ask "Would you go back?" My usual response is that I'd like to, but there are so many other places in the world to explore, I'd rather see them first before it's too late.

Luckily we live in Beautiful British Columbia where the mountains, valleys, rain forests, deserts, rivers, lakes and the ocean, can all be reached within a matter of hours by car and ferry.  

As a result, we've decided to return to one of our favourite spots. Six years ago we spent four days in  Uclulet with our children.  Tomorrow my husband and I (and our little dog too!),  head back to the moody western shores of Vancouver Island for another brief but greatly anticipated stay, this time at Outside Inn Cabins.  The forecast calls for mostly sunny weather while we're there, but rain or shine it really doesn't matter.  

I can't wait to walk barefoot on the cool wet sand of Long Beach in near-by Tofino, breathing in the fresh salty air.  Hiking the Wild Pacific Trail through the lush green rainforest will be another highlight I'm sure.

The photos you see here were taken on our 2005 trip and they're meant to give you a preview of what I'll post on my return.  Other than my camera, it will be a technology free holiday.  Once I'm back, I'll post a photo for each day.   See you then!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bless Us Every One

My Favourite Childhood Christmas Book

Pearls of Wisdom