Projecting Gratitude

Over the weekend I had a lovely chat online with my very creative and talented sister-in-law.  This week I'm most grateful for the motivation she gave me to complete the sewing projects that will finish up the decorating of the master bedroom (which I've been procrastinating for almost two years now) and the living room/dining room.  I know I'll feel so much satisfaction when I'm done.



I'm also grateful for Ellen at Fabricland who was such a pleasure to work with.  She helped me find some good deals and gave me a solution for a challenge I was having.

I'm grateful that I have my Mom's sewing machine to use.  My own (which I have since passed on to my daughter) was old when I bought it in 1984.  The thought of trying to sew using that machine on  the more delicate fabric I bought would have made me give up before I started.

I'm very grateful I was able to find curtains in the colour I wanted at a mere $7.00 a panel.  Doubly grateful there were enough of them for me to use on three windows, plus extra to make valences from.

I'm also grateful for the many ways technology allows me to converse with my sister-in-law.  Just warning you Martha....you're going to be hearing from me soon with some questions re: my thoughts on the sliding glass door.  :)

Comments

  1. I'm LOVING the colors I'm seeing. I can't wait until you do a reveal! Please tell me you'll do a reveal?!?!?

    That's one skill I really wish I had: sewing. My mom is the seamstress of the family and I knew I could never out sew her. And, since I have my mom, any sewing projects go to here anyways. It's still something I'd like to learn...one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you would pick up sewing quite easily Lilly! I'm not a great seamstress - can't put in a zipper or anything fancy like that. I try to stick to things where you only need to sew a straight line and use my seam ripper quite a bit. ;)

      Delete
    2. P.S. Yes there will be a reveal but I'm not going to make any promises that it'll be soon!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bless Us Every One

Pearls of Wisdom

My Favourite Childhood Christmas Book