Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Eat Local!


Yesterday, I stopped by My Country Garden, to pick up supplies to make this years batch of dill pickles.  Surprisingly it took me three stores before I found any pickling vinegar.  It's not that they were sold out, neither Extra Foods nor Stooperstore even had a spot of the shelf for it.  What's up with that?




I couldn't resist these cute little eggplants, though I had no idea what I was going to do with them.

I ended up roasting them with some olive oil and chopped garlic.  They were delicious along with the steamed corn from Don-O-Ray, pork tenderloin from Mission Meat and caprese salad with cherry and pear tomatoes from our own garden and boccocini from Valoroso.

2 comments:

  1. Ooo, so good, so healthy!!! I'd love for you to share your dill pickle recipe, whether you jar them this year, or not.

    ReplyDelete