Have a Heart

Heart-shaped cloud by aivas14
Heart-shaped cloud, a photo by aivas14 on Flickr.  Posted with permission.

As many of you know, February is heart month and for the fourth year, I'm canvassing in my neighbourhood and online. Thanks to many of you reading this, in 2011 the Heart & Stroke Foundation spent over $54 million on research into heart defects, improving stroke outcomes and more. Another $47 million was spent on health promotion programs such as grants that support kids' health, free CPR training events and community health workshops.

I've set a goal of $400 again this year and any amount you could donate to help achieve this goal would be very much appreciated, perhaps even by someone close to you. Nine out of ten Canadians have at least one risk factor for heart disease which claims the life of a Canadian every seven minutes. 

To donate follow this link:   www.heartandstroke.ca/give , select BC and Yukon, and enter my name: Suzan Wood-Young   

A PDF of your income tax receipt will be available to download immediately.

I thank you with all my heart!


For more information about the Heart and Stroke Foundation or to become a volunteer canvasser yourself, check out this link.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bless Us Every One

My Favourite Childhood Christmas Book

Pearls of Wisdom