Thursday, May 24, 2012

Water Water Everywhere



In almost 50 years of living I've only spent 4 of them in a city that wasn't on a lake. That realization makes me feel very lucky.  Though we all know you can't survive very long without water to drink, I believe water is also essential to our psychological and spiritual well being.



When we go on vacation, or dream about our ideal get away, how often  is water a part of the picture?  And speaking of pictures, when  we are told to "go to our happy place" how many of us picture a scenario with a calm pool of water, softly lapping waves, or a gentle trickling stream.  

I thought I'd share some of the photos I took on the Victoria Day weekend at Whitby's Heydenshore Park.  It really gave me a thrill to see so many people doing so many different things, down by the water.


















2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures, beautiful area! Love what you said about the importance of water for our well-being, not just our health :-)

    ReplyDelete