Just Say Yes!


It's been years since I've seen in the New Year, but last night, despite a wretched cold, I hung out with my hubby and my daughter on the couch while we watched movies, munched on chips and dip and drank bubbly beverages until we switched to a delayed Niagara Falls feed at two minutes to midnight to ring in the New Year.

My daughter picked the movies, one of which was Yes Man.  We'd all seen it before, but she thought it was a movie with a message appropriate to the beginning of a New Year.  If you haven't seen this movie, it's well worth viewing.  If you have seen it and you're over 40 you've probably don't remember most of it so you'll still enjoy it the second time 'round. (FYI, though it's rated PG13 there is one scene that might be objectionable to some.)  

The movie is about a loans officer named Carl Allen, played by Jim Carrey.  He' a lonely man who has given up on life until he is convinced to say Yes to everything.   As someone who needs to be pried out of the house with a crow bar somedays, it's always good to be reminded that you never know what could happen when you say "yes" to an opportunity, that at face value may seem fairly benign.  If I have any regrets for 2013, it's likely the result of saying "no" to an invitation or opportunity that came my way.  

Though I don't make specific New Year's resolutions I think I'll try to encourage myself to be open to new challenges and adventures this year.   You never know what they may bring.  For you my friends, I wish you all a New Year filled with joyful opportunities and happy adventures !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bless Us Every One

My Favourite Childhood Christmas Book

Pearls of Wisdom