My Top Five



I've been writing, writing, writing this week.  Mostly transcribing the conversations that Reg and I had this past September.  I can't wait to get these stories into the memoir.  Anyone who blogs knows how time consuming it is so I'm going to cheat a little today.  We're still early enough in the year to do a  top ten list aren't we?  I thought ten might be a bit much so I took some inspiration from Lilly's blog  Feel LOVD Everyday and listed five of my favourite posts from January to November 2012.  I left out December since you probably looked at them recently.  The wishing tree is probably the true Number 1 in terms of the number of visitors.

Number 5:
I love this shot of the band at the Chris Botti concert we went to in June.  Have a look at Oh What a Night.  Do follow the link to my post on From the Valley and Beyond to see some more great shots  (how often do I brag about my photos?) and read the concert review.  Not sure why there's only one photo on Pocketful of Memory Cards.  I guess I was trying to get back to my original premise.

Number 4:
I had to include a day in New York City.  This day was one of the top two...From Bleeker to Bemmelmens.

Number 3:
I like the way the photos tell a story and I love the surprise ending of How to Remove a Giant Ponderosa Pine.

Number 2:
My mother passed her wedding dress on to me during a basement purge and it sat in a mangled box on my closet shelf for many years.  I hoped that my daughter would wear it, either for her wedding or perhaps her prom, but she didn't inherit the delicate DNA my wasp waisted Mother and Mother-in-law carried.  I thought about selling the dress in a vintage clothing store but I couldn't bring myself to give it away.  I thought about displaying it and lamented the fact that a dress maker's dummy was way out of budget.  A few days later I made a serendipitous discovery at HomeSense.  Check out Wordless WEDnesday

Number 1:
Can't help lovin' that man of mine.  Sometimes I think our conversations would make good sit-com dialogue, like the exchange in my post How Much is Too Much?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bless Us Every One

My Favourite Childhood Christmas Book

Pearls of Wisdom