Artists' Date

On a  lunchtime walk a couple of weeks ago, my friend Janet and I were inspired to bring our cameras along next time. Next time was two days ago and here are my results.   I used a lens that my husband bought recently, so I'm really in the learning stages of what I can do with it.  It's a 24mm 1:2.8 Nikon and though it was a bit frustrating not being able to zoom in, I really love the crispness of the photos with this lens.  Janet used her iPhone and got some really cool shots that you can see if you're her Facebook friend.  Having an Artist's Date with a fellow artist was a great idea. Though I didn't copy her shots, it was really inspiring to see our surroundings through someone else's eyes and the next time I'm out taking photos I'll be feeling her influence.



Near the end of Brandt's Creek Linear Park



I have no idea what those colourful blobs are. It's the only photo with them.  Most likely the effect of light and moisture.  If you have an active imagination, or are a fan of Long Island Medium's Theresa Caputo (my guilty pleasure!) you might say I captured a spiritual presence.  Perhaps a comforting thought to believe my Mom and Janet's Dad were with us.



Stuart MacLean's Vinyl Cafe bus parked behind Kelowna Community Theatre


A quick visit to Kasugai Gardens beside City Hall




Bernard Avenue

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bless Us Every One

My Favourite Childhood Christmas Book

Pearls of Wisdom