Come Fly With Me!

You might have noticed I've  been MIA for a few weeks.  My hubby and I just returned from an amazing holiday in Hawaii.  We spent the first ten days on 'The Big Island' staying with our kids at a lovely town home development called Na Hale Keauhou.  The following ten days it was just the two of us, at the nowhere near as lovely one bedroom condo in Kauai, in the area known as Poipu (which was lovely and made up for the condo).

I probably shouldn't start my uploads with one of the major highlights of the trip, but I have still to view all of the 2,257 photos I took with my Nikon (plus 186 iPhone ones).  The shots from tour of Kauai, with Jack Harter Helicopters Tours were among the first to be viewed and I couldn't wait  to share.

Our pilot Myles, (seen in the background)  did his training in Vancouver.  He also spent some time as a personal pilot to Chuck Fipke, Kelowna diamond prospector.


Hubby gets strapped in.  Did you notice there are no doors?  He was in the back with Jason from San Francisco.  I sat up front with the pilot. Jason's wife Eden sat between us.

FYI, what you see is what you get.  
I didn't use my zoom on anything but the whale family and the dashboard hula girl.


 Manawaiopuna Falls, as seen in Jurassic Park.  
Much of the Jurassic Park franchise was filmed on Kauai.


 It's a long way down!

Wiamea Canyon


Exposure was a bit of a challenge in the heat of the moment so I relied on the point and shoot method and left it to my "P" setting.

 The Na Pali Coast of Kauai, Hawaii


Apparently there are some goats on the mountainside, and after much squinting, I did pick out a couple.  It was good to know Myles had such excellent vision.


 Did I mention it was open door....

 "I say a little prayer for you..."


 Looking back at the coast from the north end

 Tunnels Beach where there is some great snorkeling.

Myles' eagle eyes also spotted this Humpback mom and baby and the tag along to the right.

Wailua Falls

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bless Us Every One

Pearls of Wisdom

My Favourite Childhood Christmas Book