A Heart to Heart

As you probably know, February is Heart Month in Canada (maybe in the U.S. too) and for the fifth year I am canvasing for the Heart and Stroke Foundation.  Thanks so much to those of you who responded to my email and donated online.  I spent this morning traipsing around my nieghbourhood in the falling snow, and despite lowering it to $300 from last year's $500, I am not even 1/3 of the way to reaching  my goal.  That includes my own donation.

I never met my maternal grandfather, who died of a heart attack when he was only a couple of years older than I am myself.  Thanks to the generosity of others, and dedicated researchers, his children did not succumb to the same fate and two of the three are still with us today, despite their own issues with heart disease.  

This is a cause that is very close to my heart and it would be a wonderful thing, if you could make a donation to help me reach my goal this year, perhaps in honour of someone close to you who has benefited from the continued generosity of others.

As shown above, just visit heartandstroke.ca/give, select "BC Yukon" and type in "Suzan Wood-Young".  Any amount is greatly appreciated and receipts will be given almost instantly for donations above $15.00.

Feb 25 - Half way to my fundraising Goal...thanks to you and anonymous!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bless Us Every One

My Favourite Childhood Christmas Book

Pearls of Wisdom