Looks Can Be Deceiving

I've noticed celeriac or celery root in the grocery store many times but never had the urge to purchase it.  You have to admit it's not a very pretty vegetable.   When it turned up last week in my Urban Harvest basket I immediately went to DuckDuckGo and discovered quite a collection of celeriac soup recipes. I also discovered it's rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.  Check out this link for more info.

I ended up using this soup recipe, mainly because my crisper is getting bare, and it didn't call for much more than celeriac, onions and garlic.  You'd think I would have had a potato, but I'm out so I opened a can of salsify, since I thought it might supply the required starch for thickening.   I didn't have the pesto they suggested for garnish, but it still turned out to be a really delicious soup, with a fresh celery flavour.  I'll definitely be making it again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favourite Childhood Christmas Book

Pearls of Wisdom

Because You Know I'm All About That Pump