For Special


This is what remains of a collection of glasses I bought about eight years ago. They caught my fancy one day while browsing at the now defunct Laughing Moon Gallery and at The Blue Ginger Trading Company. I liked their weight and their colour, and the feel of the raised pattern on the outside of the glass. They were much too expensive, around $8.00 each I think, but I bought them two at a time over the period of a year or so and asked for them as gifts for Christmas and birthdays. My mom gave me four as a hostess gift when she came to visit one summer. I think the most I had was twelve; six indigo and six teal. 

I didn't save them for special.  I used them with pleasure at every meal, for every glass of water, diet coke, and every apple juice emergency. I was the first to break one and though I was a little disappointed I tried to remain detached, remembering how many sets of glasses my mom had purchased over the years. Broken glasses are a fact of life, though if I'd saved them for special I'd surely have more than three left now.  But I think I would have missed out on the opportunity to feel special, every day.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favourite Childhood Christmas Book

Pearls of Wisdom

Because You Know I'm All About That Pump